Monday, May 20, 2013

May 20, 2013


Ola querida familia!!!!

Hey y'all!!!! Thanks for letters. I just love hearing from you guys it just gets me so pumped to hear from you all every week!!! It sounds like Yosemite was way cool! Thanks for the pics dad!!!! And I can't believe that school is almost out!!! wow time is just flying by so stinkin fast.

Wow what a week for us though here. So my new companion, as you all know, is Elder Mariquelle. He is a Mozambican that I had lived with for a while when I was with Elder Dredge.  He had helped me out so much during that time and I am so grateful to have him as a companion!!! And if is not obvious, YES HE IS BLACK! Well that's what he likes to say anyways:) ha ha I am so excited to work with him, he works so hard!!!

We got moved to an area that was white washed that is called Futungo. The Elders that were in it before didn't leave us with a big investigator pool, but the people that we did inherit are super prepared to hear the gospel and be baptized. I think there are a total of 4 houses that they left us to teach:) so to say the least we have a wonderful task ahead of us to find a lot of new people. The nice part about our new area is that it has a lot of people in it that have nicer houses, but aren't rich so we will be able to fine a lot more humble people where we are at. The area also isn't just extremely big ether so I don't think that we will be getting lost in it any time soon. I went on a division with one of the elders that worked in this area for a day to get a jist of the area and literally I think that I can find my way around the whole area.

This week we also had a couple of meetings in preparation for the arrival of President Kretly who will be staying with us for 2 weeks to help us get organized for the new mission and will open a new branch in the providence of Huambo!!! While we were in the meeting, we were talking about the needs of our part of the mission here in Angola. The meeting went so great and I know president Kretly will be able to help us out a lot more. Elder Mariquelle and I were invited to give part of the training. So we will be have a few more meetings to get some more info on what the training is about.

President Thompson will sadly be going home on Wednesday this up coming week... We are pretty sad, but they are way happy to get to go home to see their family once more. I love them so much and am so grateful for all that they did for us this past year or so. They will always have a special place in my heart. Today we kind of had a last hurrah with them at their house where president destroyed me in ping pong as well as many others:) ha ha

Well I think that is about it for this week, sorry nothing just supercalifragelisticexpialidocious happened:)  I love you all and hope you a wonderful week!!!!

Elder Wilhelm

No comments:

Post a Comment