Tuesday, October 22, 2013

October 21, 2013

Dear whoever is Reading,

Hey!!! Thank you so much for all of the emails!! You are all so awesome. I will warn you today I don't have a whole lot of time, so I will write really fast. so the spelling and grammar is going to be a lot worse than usual:)

So our week went amazing!!! I learned a lot this past week. On Tuesday I went on a division with my district leader to go and get an interview for one of our investigators, sadly didn't pass... but as I was sitting there I was trying to figure out what we were going to teach that night to Maria and Abrantes family. We have taught them everything and we are just trying so hard to get Abrantes to start coming to church with the rest of his family. So I was sitting there contemplating when one of the little kids in the house started to make noise so I started to play with him a little so there wouldn't be any distraction during the interview.  A really funny thought popped into my head " ask Lukas (the child) what you should teach" so I laughed at the thought and turned to the child and ask "so tonight we are going to teach this family and I don't know what I should teach... what do you think we should teach?" He stared at me thinking and said, "I don't know," then he took off in to the other room to do something. Then he came running back to me and said, "why don't you tell them about Jesus and how he is the savior and how he will save us":) há há! It was so cute, and then I got to thinking "shee this kid is right!!"

After the interview we went strait to Maria's and Abrantes house and taught them a lesson on the atonement of Jesus Christ. It was one of the best experiences that I had teaching somebody about that. The spirit was so strong and it helped Abrantes to have a stronger testimony of Jesus Christ and his church. Just goes to show that you can get advise even from a little child:) haha

The rest of our week was awesome! On Tuesday and Wednesday,  Mariquele and I also translated for 2 people that came up to give training to the office elder that don't speak English. The office elder, Abdo, is an old military man that does not like to be controlled and does not like to have to work through other people. So Abdo preferred to use the little English he had to communicate what was going on. há há It turned more into a game of charades:) So when they couldn't understand each other, they look at us for help:) há há! It was a lot of fun

Anyways, love you all!!! Have a great week!!!!

Elder Wilhelm

No comments:

Post a Comment