Tuesday, March 27, 2012

3/27/12

Dear My beloved family,

Well its been an awesome week here at the mtc!!! So much has been happening a lot of progress and a lot of work for my companion and I. As you all know my companion and I had the opprotunty travel to New York to pay for and sign our visas!!!!

We left the Salt Lake airport at around midnight. Boy was that the longest night of my life. Of course we were flying in coach and sitting right by the bathroom so we had a steady stream of people traveling by us throughout the night. We had three missionaries with us. The first was Elder Tilly, second was my companion, and the last was yours truly, me, and that was the same order of seats on the plane. All of us shoulder to shoulder, knees up to our stomach. Oh goodness it was a little crazy. Dad you are totally right about airplanes, I think the devil made them! >:(

So after a sleepless night of fighting for armrest space we arived in New York and 6:00 am New York time. They gave us instructions to call this guy named Chucky to come pick us up... Ya we thought the same thing. So we call him and he meets us near outside of the baggege claim. When he pulls up he had all of our names in his window (all spelt a little wrong but I wasn't going to question him) so we figure that was him. Now to give you an image of Chucky. Chucky was a bigger fellow who I think he said was a mixture between India Indian and Irish... ya I dont how that happened, but anyways, we get into his black Lincoln and the first thing I notice is on each door lock there is a scull head of a demon. haha Yes mom I probably should have listened to you more about strangers:) but hey the church was the one that sent him to us. I really dont think he was a mormon but I really liked him. He had quite a few really neat stories about New York and some of his experiences.

So Chucky droped us of at the Manhattan temple which is a mixture between a temple, a church house, and church office building. It was way cool! There we met a man by the name of Lion, who let us sleep in one of the rooms there on the floor... what a generous man:) but I don't know if i have ever slept so good in my life. He was the one that brought us to the Angolan embassy. I think we were in the embassy for a totally 30 min or so. haha. All that I had to do was just sign and pay. They said they were going to send the visas in a week to us so we have visas!!! Then Chucky came and picked us up and brought us to the airport and we headed back bome. Really a fast trip but so fun!

Ok so much other stuff happend this week but I don't have much time left so I will just tell you what happened without a story. This last Sunday, my companion and I were made zone learders and it was been so hectic, but so much fun to get to know the elders and sisters in our zone.

So mom and dad I lied to you I am sorry but we are not preforming in the priesthood session it will be the Saturday night session. My bad, I wasn't too sure anyways.

The church is true and I love the book of mormon:) ha ha just thought I would say something spiritually.

Well anyways I love you all and hope you have a great week :)

Elder Spencer Wilhelm

 

No comments:

Post a Comment