Tuesday, April 9, 2013

April 8, 2013


Hey fam!!!!!

Thank you for all your letters!!!! I love hearing from you all so much:) It sounds like everything is ~going great from those that I heard from. Mom,dad that makes me so jealous that you got to go up to conference!!! and see Elder Davis!!! gosh I will miss that guy. and dad congratulations on the best dad of the year award:) ha ha

Ya so this week was pretty overwhelming but super rewarding. I am so happy to be working with elder Harper, he is such a stud!!! He is ~just such a patient and humble guy, but not afraid to open his mouth to proclaim the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. Elder Harper will teach me so much, and he only has like 3 months left.

Yesterday all of the Elders in Luanda had the chance to watch the priesthood session of general conference. We all went over to an american couples house (the Reedy) where we had fun, laughed a little bit, watched general conference, and then did some more laughing, and some snacks that sister Thompson and Reedy provided for us. As usual, I think the priesthood session was the best, but I really can't  say anything because I didn't get to see the rest of general conference:) In a couple of weeks we will receive all of the sessions. Now it is just a waiting game.

The new area is pretty sick!!! The only problem is the area is also in one of those finding stages that I am so well accustomed to, but the work goes forward and I still have a smile on my face:) This area actually has some of the most prepared people I have ever met. Before I was in an area with a lot of building and a lot of businesses. Now I am in the area were all the people who were working in my old area live here, ha ha. It is almost Ironic. We have this one lady named Joia that has been talking to us for about a month now and she will be getting baptized soon. She told us that she was always a little nervous with the missionaries over at her house, but that she decided to pray about it and she heard a voice three times saying "You need to be baptized." Yep The Holy Ghost has got our back:) ha ha

So that really is about it, but thank you all so much and I love you!!!!

Elder Wilhelm



No comments:

Post a Comment